ALVAC INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ALVAC, S.A. management has, as part of its commitment to its clients and the environment, established a Quality, Environmental, Research & Development and Occupational Health & Safety Management System, which is specifically adapted to its activities and is compliant with International Standards UNE-EN ISO 9001:2008, UNE-EN ISO 14001:2004, UNE 166.002:2006 and OHSAS 18001.
As can be seen in our Integrated System policy, the system is geared towards achieving the following objectives:
- To ensure that the services we supply are safe, reliable and comply with client requirements, legal requisites and applicable norms and and instructions.
- To comply with applicable environmental and occupational health & safety legislation, as well as any other additional requirements our company commits to.
- To supply services whose cost/quality relation is in line with our client’s requirements and expectations..
- To maintain constant contact with clients and suppliers, so that we may work together towards continuously improving the quality of our services, our capacity to reduce our environmental impact and improve our offer of innovative solutions.
- To guarantee participation, access to information and communication with employees in order to achieve a continuous improvement of the quality and environmental performance of the company.
- To establish continous training programmes that will allow the company to offer qualified personnel in all activities included in the integrated system.
- To promote the participation, motivation, commitment and responsibility of all its workforce, clients and suppliers towards achieving a good operation of the system and the achievement of the goals in this policy: Achieving the necessary quality standards to satisfy clients, to prevent pollution and resource waste, to achieve the highest standards of occupational health and safety and become a technological reference, promoting a culture of innovation.
- To identify, design, develop and manage innovative solutions.
To this end, Management will supply the necessary resources to run this integrated quality, environmental, OH&S and R&D management system.
The ISO 9000 family of standards is related to quality management systems and designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to the product or service. When Alvac received ISO 9001 certification in1999, we pursued four key objectives, which remain at the heart of our motivations today:
- To create a more efficient, effective operation
- To increase customer satisfaction and retention
- To improve employee motivation, awareness, and morale
- To reduce waste and increase productivity
The ISO 9001 standard is, additionally, compatible with other international standards regulating environmental impact and occupational Health and Safety such as ISO 14001 or OHSAS
ISO 14000 is a family of standards related to environmental management that exists to help organizations (a) minimize how their operations (processes etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e. cause adverse changes to air, water, or land); (b) comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements, and (c) continually improve in the above.
The ISO 14001 specifically concerns the core set of standards used by organizations for designing and implementing an effective environmental management system. Alvac implemented an ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system in 2001, and has made environmental mitigation and the optimization of resource usage in its activities a key concern of its daily operations and of its Research and Development policy.
The Spanish UNE 166.002 norm, based on the ISO9001 standard contains the requirements and practical directives necessary to formulate and develop a Research, Development and Innovation (R&D) policy. The standard aids Alvac in formulating objectives that are in tune with our resources and activities, in promoting a culture of innovation and helping us identify and both embrace new technologies or apply technologies not currently use in its area of activity. Alvac has certified its research, development and innovation activities in the fields of:
- Civil engineering technology in the field of comprehensive maintenance and the environmental integration of infrastructures (applied meteorology, water regeneration and elimination of waste)
- Environmental control software
- Material tests and endurance
OHSAS 18001 is a British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. It exists to help all kinds of organizations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance. It is widely seen as the world’s most recognized occupational health and safety management systems standard.
Alvac implemented a dedicated Occupational Hazard prevention and Health & Safety team since 2004, when it first designed an occupational hazard prevention system which complied with Spanish and EU regulation. The company certified this system in accordance with the OHSAS norm in 2013.
OTHER ALVAC COMMITMENTS
ALVAC received the OPTIMA award from the government of Castilla y León in recognition of its efforts to provide equal opportunities and impede gender inequality. The company, in close cooperation with employee representatives, elaborates an Equal Opportunities plan to achieve the following objectives.
Finally, Alvac management explicitly states the need to prevent and, if necessary, persecute and sexual, moral or gender-based harassment. The company will set up specific measures that will prevent and suppress any situation in which the intimacy or dignity of female workers, when they are sexual or gender-based in nature, be they committed by fellow employees or hierarchical superiors.